Funding Options and Opportunities

There are two main sources of funding – external and internal. Some funding may be awarded to you upon entry to the program, some is based on recommendations from the Department. It is the student’s responsibility to apply for any additional funding, either through Carleton University or to an external funding agency.

External Funding

There are a number of prestigious external awards available from national and provincial agencies (i.e. OGS, Tri-Council). For information on applying for external awards from these agencies, visit FGPA’s External Awards site. You can also check out other Special External Scholarships to find out if you are eligible to apply. Note that each institution will have it’s own forms and deadlines. Our application instructions and forms can be found here. For additional information, refer to our Application Instructions and OGS Application FAQ.

Masters Competition use the Research Portal:
The Canadian Institute of Health Reseach (CIHR), the Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council (NSERC), and the Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council (SSHRC) implemented a harmonized Canada Graduate Scholarship (CGS) Master’s Award. Please refer to the Tri-Agency website for comprehensive information on the harmonized application and complete eligibility criteria.

Other Funding Resources: